these are pretty bad ass
Do not wear contact lenses if you are in a situation where you may be tear-gassed. When I went through basic training, we were warned that there was a possibility the tear gas they were using could melt contact lenses.
forbidden from one another
a war divides their people
and a mountain divides them apart
build a path to be together
yeah i forget the next couple lines but then it goes
THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS
SECRET SECRET SECRET SECRET TUNNEL
3yo: “When I have red pants on, that means I’m Spider-Man!”
4yo (rolling his eyes): “Spider-Man doesn’t poop his pants.”
Confession: I’m not much of a gamer, I first started playing DA2 when my mom died to busy my head, keep me distracted for my own sake at night. I ended up loving it, but what hooked me to the game was Aveline’s story about her dad after Hawke’s mom died. She then became one of my favorite characters. I guess it’s silly but I needed it and I didn’t move on until I was ready…
mod note: So sorry for your loss.
People trying to go home, get detained
Less than 3 miles from where Michael Brown was killed in Ferguson, another young black man was gunned down by police this afternoon in North St. Louis.
Dan Howell (via bl-ossomed)
I was curious, so I looked up what biology would say: Your longing makes you anxious, which triggers a physical fight-or-flight response in your body by directing blood flow into your muscles. Consequently, your chest and gut receive less blood, which is the source of the pain.(via thechildishthings)
You not gonna see this on the news tho. #ferguson #justiceformike #ripmikebrown #stlriots #stl #stlcountypd
Some of the Dragon Age: Inquisition origin stories.
(for each race the only difference in the language is between the melee and mage classes)
United Nations officials described the killing of sleeping children as a disgrace to the world and accused Israel of a serious violation of international law after a school in Gaza being used to shelter Palestinian families was shelled on Wednesday.
At least 15 people, mostly children and women, died when the school in Jabaliya refugee camp was hit by five shells during a night of relentless bombardment across Gaza. More than 100 people were injured. Via the guardian
no one falcon punches my daughter
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 67% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 53 commisioned officers —3 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. This is Not the first time Ferguson’s police have been heavy handed with it’s Black residents - Innocent Black man beaten by cops, then charged with bleeding on police officer’s uniforms
9. So please - don’t get it twisted
“We dressed up as the book Madeline, with six people dressed up as her and me as Ms. Clavel, their teacher. One of the Madelines, however, was the truly special one…the one with the beard, that is. Our experience was hysterical—I’d walk all the girls (and one guy) down the street in two straight lines. Guys would be walking the other way, whistling or hollering at all the pretty ladies. Then, as they got to the back of the line, they’d see my friend Brennan, then they’d see me, and I could tell that they were suddenly wondering if ALL the Madelines were men.”
the last sentence
There will never be a time when I don’t reblog this because it is my fave.